ELECTRONIC & OTHER SERVICES
- Public Hotspot
- Public Computers & iPads
- Printing, Copying & Scanning
- Volunteer Information
- Exam Proctoring
- Community Display Cases
- VIP Pass Program
- Study Rooms
A free public hotspot is available throughout the library to users with Wi-Fi enabled laptops and wireless devices. Users are responsible for configuring their own equipment for connecting to this network.
Please note: Public hotspots are not considered secure and are to be used at the individual's risk. Even with firewall and antivirus protection on your device, it is not recommended to access, send or receive personal and/or sensitive information using public hotspots.
PCL offers 20 public computers for use by patrons with a valid library account. Guest passes are available at the reference desk for visitors without a library account. Teen Place offers two computers designated for teen use and catalog computers are available throughout the library to search for materials.
Public computers include access to:
- Software: Microsoft Office 2016 including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Magic®-Screen magnification software with speech
- Open Book-Scanning and reading software
- JAWS® for Windows®-Screen reading software, speech with or without magnification
PCL offers 10 iPads available for patron use within the building. iPads may be checked out with a valid library card at the reference desk for up to 3 hours.
The Children’s Room offers 5 iPads loaded with educational apps appropriate for children. There is no Internet access available on the Children’s Room iPads.
iii. Printing, Copying & Scanning
Self-service printing, copying, and scanning is available near the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor. Mobile and wireless printing is also available. There is no charge for scanning. Scanned documents can be saved to a flash drive or emailed to a personal account.
Printing and Copying Fees per Page
- Black and white 8 ½ x 11” 15¢
- Black and white 8 ½ x 14” 50¢ (copying only)
- Color 8 ½ x 11” 50¢
- Color 8 ½ x 14” 75¢ (copying only)
- First page: $1.75
- Subsequent pages: $1.00
International faxing is payable by credit card only and costs:
- First page: $3.95
- Subsequent pages: $3.45
Adults aged 18 and older should print out the VOLUNTEER APPLICATION. Mail it to Kelly Magro, Pittsford Community Library, 24 State Street, Pittsford, New York 14534, or drop it off at the Information Desk, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teen Community Service
Teens in grades 6 – 12 can volunteer at the library during designated hours. REGISTER for Teen Community Service using our online calendar.
Teen Program Assistance
Teens in grades 9-12 can become Teen Program Assistants. TPA's help out at events like Bingo, Tie Dye, and more. Download an the TPA APPLICATION, fill it out, and bring it to a TPA orientation. REGISTER for TPA orientations using our online calendar.
Call the reference desk to schedule an appointment: 248-6275
Two hallway display cases are available for reservation on a monthly basis. Call the reference desk to schedule a reservation: 248-6275
Your library card gets you special discounts at area museums and theatres.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- Visit your participating local library and check out a VIP pass — just like a book.
- Take the V.I.P. pass to the Museum/Theatre Pass partner and enjoy special admission prices.
- Return the V.I.P. pass to the library, so another person can check it out.
CURRENT PASSES AVAILABLE:
- Genesee Country Village and Museum
- George Eastman Museum
- Rochester Museum and Science Center
- Nazareth College Arts Center
- New York Museum of Transportation
- Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra
- Stone-Tolan House Historic Site
- Susan B. Anthony House
Call (585) 249-5481 for VIP Pass discount details and availability.
Three study rooms are located on the second floor. Each study room can accommodate up to four patrons for up to three hours. Reservations can be made at the reference desk up to one week in advance; one reservation per user/group at a time. Call 248-6275 for more information.