Due to COVID-19, the Court Clerk’s office is open by appointment only. Staff are available 9am-5pm, Monday - Friday to answer questions via phone or email. Call 248-6238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission / Vision Statement
The court staff provides accurate records and information, manages a progressive office and maintains an efficient court while assisting the Town Justices in dispensing justice in the Pittsford Community with honor, integrity and dignity.
Criminal & Traffic Court
Town & Village Ordinance
Civil Cases & Small Claims
5:00 PM for Criminal Cases & Traffic Matters
5:30 PM for Civil Matters
6:00 PM for Parking Tickets
Hearings, Trials & Small Claims matters are
How can I find the court for the Town of Pittsford?
Driving directions to the Pittsford Court are available here.
What payment options are available to me?
- Cash, money orders, certified bank checks, attorney checks
- Credit cards (Visa or MasterCard) by fax or in person. Please do not email credit card information.
- A 2.99% service fee is added to all credit card payments.
- Personal checks are NOT accepted
- Payments may also be made online using the New York State Court ePayments web site. A convenience fee will apply.
I have received a traffic ticket - what do I do now?
There are three ways to answer a traffic ticket:
- Plead guilty by mail (Section A of your ticket). Print your name and CURRENT ADDRESS, including zip code, date and sign. A fine and surcharge will be imposed by the Court and you will be notified by mail, with payment instructions.
- Plead Not guilty by mail (Section B of your ticket). Print your name and CURRENT ADDRESS, including zip code, date and sign. A new court date will be mailed to you at which time you will be scheduled for a conference with the Assistant District Attorney assigned to Pittsford Town Court. This is not a personal appointment and traffic matters are heard at the end of the criminal docket, approximately at 6:00 pm.
- Personally appear on the court date stated on the face of your ticket (located at the lower left corner of your ticket). The Assistant District Attorney will screen your ticket at that date and time.
I have received a parking ticket - what do I do now?
- Parking tickets are issued in the Village and Town of Pittsford by a Parking Monitor or the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.
- The amount of the fine and the violation is on the face of the ticket (envelope).
- If you plead guilty, simply print your name & address on the envelope and mail in the fine amount (personal checks are accepted).
- To plead Not Guilty, check that box and mail in with your name & address printed on the envelope. You will be notified of a trial court date, so the officer can be present.
- If you appear in court on the date set on the ticket, you can advise the Judge of your story, however, the trial cannot be held that night, as the officer will not be present
Can you provide me with information regarding Small Claims Court?
Court Clerks cannot provide legal advice, however:
- Town and Village Courts have jurisdiction over civil complaints for money damages up to $3,000.
- Jurisdiction is based on where the defendant (person being sued) lives, works or has a place of business. Therefore, the person or business being sued must be located in the Town of Pittsford. You must have an exact address as notice is by mail (post office addresses do NOT work for small claims cases).
- Corporations, partnerships, association and assignees CANNOT bring an action in Small Claims Court but they CAN be sued in Small Claims Court.
- Filing fees are $10 for claims up to $1,000 and $15 for claims over $1,000 to a maximum of $3,000. Fees can be paid by cash, money order or credit card.
- You will need a brief description of your complaint and the clerks will fill out the form, set a hearing date, and serve the defendant by mail. The burden of proof is on the plaintiff (person bringing the action) and you will need to present any evidence or witnesses at the hearing date.
Town of Pittsford
The Court Clerk’s office is open by appointment only. Staff are available to answer questions vial email or phone Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm.
3750 Monroe Avenue
Pittsford, NY 14534
Phone (585) 248-6238
Fax (585) 248-6233
Patricia H. Dromgoole
John Bernacki, Jr.